Self Defence and Fitness
First lesson absolutely FREE
Come along and give us a try, no strings, no catches, no sales pitch and definitely NO CONTRACTS. Please pre book your visit using the link below. Quote Free SDF17 on the contact form.
Join the our Self Defence and Fitness training at St Oswald’s Church Hall, just off Abbeydale Road and you will:
* Greatly improve your fitness, strength and mobility
* Gain an insight into the psychology of interpersonal conflict and violence
* Learn practical, streetwise self defence skills that can be used under pressure
* Increase your general awareness and feel safer
* Understand the legal context of self defence
* Feel your confidence grow with each session
*Burn some calories too….
Our self defence and fitness training is delivered by Garry Smith 4th dan, Bill Barrott 5th dan and Jayne Wharf 3rd dan and is rooted firmly in the real world. Students find the training practical, enjoyable and adaptable to their own needs and limits. We do not use fear as a motivator in our training, whilst we recognise that sometimes the world is a dangerous place, in most of our everyday lives we do not meet conflict that often. However, conflict can arise uninvited in our lives and those who train with the Academy will be better equipped if and when it arrives at their door. An old Chinese proverb states “train an army for a thousand years to fight only one day”, whilst we all hope that the ‘one day’ never arrives any read of the papers will tell us that for too many people it does and sadly many people get hurt as the lack the skills and knowledge to deal with unwanted violence. At the Academy everyone works at their pace, (this is not a boot camp), using a mixture of traditional and innovative training methods. This is not a martial art, there are no belts or uniforms, no expensive exams or membership fees. You pay for the training you get, that’s it, no hidden costs. The curriculum draws on effective techniques from a range of martial arts and fighting techniques to provide students with the best of the best. Most of all the training is fun, we always make the sessions enjoyable and working out with like minded individuals in a friendly atmosphere really gets those endomorphines flowing.
No two weeks are the same.
Saturday 10.30 to 12 noon; at St Oswalds Church Hall, Bannerdale Road (Corner of Abbeydale Road), Sheffield S7 2DJ.
Wednesday 7.00 to 8.30pm, Crookes Social Club, Mulehouse Road, Sheffield S10 1TD.
Join our Self Defence and Fitness Class and train with the best.
There is a simple pricing system to train in Self Defence and Fitness;
- Pay as you go, simply register to train by email, turn up at the session of your choice and pay there and then, Juniors £8.50, Seniors £10 per session. PAYG is only available for a limited period per person.
- Pay monthly (Standing Order) for one session a week, Juniors £25.99, Seniors £35.99.
- Pay monthly (Standing Order) for up to three sessions a week, Juniors £35.99 and Seniors £45.99.
Membership of the British Combat Association is mandatory, we arrange this, for training and includes personal training insurance, Junior membership £13 per year (to age 15) and Senior membership £16 per year (16 years and upwards).
* FAMILY DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE ON STANDING ORDER MEMBERSHIPS ONLY
* APART FROM A CLOSURE OVER CHRISTMAS WEEK AND BANK HOLIDAYS THE CLUB WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGHOUT THE YEAR FOR YOUR TRAINING CONVENIENCE.
* YOU CAN ADD EXTRA SESSIONS INTO OTHER WEEKS IF YOU MISS SOME TRAINING DUE TO HOLIDAYS ETC.
Where two or more members of the same family are training then the first person is normal price for the option selected and all other family members receive a 10% discount whatever option they choose (where this involves an adult the adult is classed as the first person).
Remember, our training is based on what works for you, not fantasy stuff or things that only work in movies.
Itay Gil, former Captain of Israeli Special Forces Counter Terrorist Unit teaching at the Academy of Self Defence.
Training in different environments is something we arrange from time to time. It is vital to inject as much reality into our self defence classes as possible. Take a look at one of the things we do, only after training with us for a while, we do not expect new people to do this, but they can if they want to.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMRKsw5IDQ
We welcome applications to join our training but reserve the right to refuse to accept without offering an explanation.